Salary – in line with IPSA pay scales and dependent on experience.
Rupa Huq MP is looking for a full time Caseworker to join her busy team. The post will be based in Westminster and the constituency. The successful applicant with be enthusiastic and highly organised with excellent communication skills.
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to Rupa's constituents on a range of issues, including housing, welfare and immigration amongst others, and help to resolve problems through communication with government agencies, the voluntary sector and other organisations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a busy team
- Previous experience in an MP’s office or in a CAB and the use of CaseworkerMP software or similar is desirable, but not essential
- A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Managing and progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress and bringing cases to a successful close
- Liaising with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Assisting the Parliamentary Team with the day to day running of the office including with administrative tasks as and when required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Friday 14th July - applications close at 5pm. Any applications received after this time will not be considered. Please note that due to the high volume of expected applications we will only contact you if shortlisted for the role.
Please send your CV and a short covering letter of no more than one page A4 setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills, responsibilities and experience to email@example.com
Interviews are due to be held on Monday 24th July.