Salary – in line with IPSA pay scales and dependent on experience.
Rupa Huq MP is looking for a full time Communications and Administrative Officer to work in her busy Westminster office. The successful applicant with be enthusiastic and highly organised with excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to write for a range of different audiences
- Press Office experience and the proven ability to write, edit and proof content for press releases, newsletters and websites
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard, with a clear and concise writing style
- A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in using design software and video editing would be a distinct advantage.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Researching and preparing press releases and media briefings
- Managing communications with all media in a pro-active and re-active manner as required
- Managing the Member’s website including editing and uploading video content
- Helping to promote the Member’s parliamentary and constituency activities on social media
- Assisting with the day to day running of the office including with policy responses and speeches as and when required
- Assisting with arrangements for events
- Diary management
- Managing and monitoring incoming calls and correspondence, passing on enquiries to other team members/MPs as appropriate.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Sunday 15th April at midnight. Any applications received after this time will not be considered. Please note that due to the high volume of expected applications we will only contact you if shortlisted for the role.
To apply, please email your CV plus a short covering letter of no more than one A4 side setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills, responsibilities and experience to email@example.com copying in firstname.lastname@example.org and using the subject line ‘Communications and Administrative Officer – YOUR NAME’.